White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack: Knapsack.pdf
I heard from some People of Color that they could not relate to anything on Peggy's list. They said they never experience they have any of those privileges.
They said they wanted these 5 things:
- give me the benefit of the doubt!
- let there be a presumption of innocence
- they live in a field of judgement and doubt
- they would like not to have to worry...they want that freedom that white people have
- they would like to not have to wonder, "Is it my race?" why people say and do the things they do with them
I went back over the list of 50 items on the list by Peggy, and found that all of them can fall under those 5 freedoms. So that is simple enough right? Can't we give People of Color, and everyone including Muslims, those 5 freedoms?
Blog Map, Why this Blog?