1. Due to negative public opinion and more, Boston Olympics 2024 isn't going to be a possibility anymore. See my post about that.
2. On May 1, 2015, the Baltimore City State's Attorney, Marilyn Mosby, announced her office filed charges against six police officers after they received a medical examiner’s report that ruled Gray's death a homicide. The prosecutors stated that they had probable cause to file criminal charges against the six police officers who were believed to be involved in his death. The officer driving the van was charged with second-degree depraved-heart murder, and others were charged with crimes ranging from manslaughter to illegal arrest. In a later rebuttal to allegations that the knife was illegal, prosecutors argued that Gray was illegally arrested well before the officers knew that he possessed a knife, and without probable cause. On May 21, a grand jury indicted the officers on most of the original charges filed by Mosby with the exception of the charges of illegal imprisonment and false arrest, and added charges of reckless endangerment to all the officers involved. see my post about Freddy Gray's death
3. Barack Obama, a well-educated man of mixed races, is elected to be President of the USA, not only once, but twice!
"Barack Hussein Obama II is the 44th and current President of the United States, and the first African American to hold the office." (read more: wikipedia.org)
4. Confederate Flag Removed From South Carolina Statehouse
see Confederate Flag post
I know this doesn't mean that symbol that reads racism to many won't be used elsewhere...but it is at least a little sign of hope!
5. see Hope: Law School course
6. see Judge Withdraws Thousands Of Arrest Warrants in Ferguson
I will add signs of hope to this post when I have more time, and as signs occur!
Why this Blog?
Nice! It would be a disaster without a shred of positive!ReplyDelete
For many living with discrimination and family/friends being killed unjustly, it is a disaster. But the shred of positive is good to see.Delete